8 Jun 2020
Several deals have been secured with leading international public service broadcasters for CBBC’s multi-award-winning live action drama series Katy, produced by BBC Children’s Productions.
These are with Denmark’s DR (February 2020), Finland’s YLE (February 2020), Sweden’s SVT (April 2020) The Netherlands’ NPO (December 2019), Australia’s ABC (March 2020) and New Zealand’s TVNZ (March 2020).
Katy (sold as three 30-minute episodes or one 90-minute film) targets 8-11-year olds and is based on a book by acclaimed English children’s novelist Dame Jacqueline Wilson (also author of Tracy Beaker book series).
Katy has scooped two BAFTA Awards (in the writer and performer categories), a Royal Television Society (RTS) Award and a Banff Rookie award, an International Emmy and has been nominated for a Rose d’Or.
Katy will be airing across these networks in 2020.
Additional live action deals have been done as follows:
- Brazilian SVOD platform Globoplay have acquired the rights for dystopian sci-fi thriller The Cul de Sac and the coming of age movie The House on Seahorse Bay (May 2020).
- Singapore-based distributor Salt Media Entertainment have acquired the rights for seasons one and two of pre-school puppet series The Moe Show (April 2020).
- New Zealand’s TVNZ has also acquired the rights to season three of The Moe Show (March 2020).
- Israel’s HOT has bought the rights for The Cul de Sac (March 2020).
- Middle East based Etisalat have acquired the rights to The Baby Club, for its ejunior SVOD, which targets mothers and carers and their babies (February 2020).
Jetpack Distribution’s CEO, Dominic Gardiner, says: “At Jetpack we have been extremely focused on building a diverse portfolio of live action shows and films, spanning age groups and interests.
We know we are facing challenging times as an industry, but I am heartened to see that quality, engaging content is as valued (and needed!) as ever. These deals are testament to that.”
18 Jan 2021
Jetpack Bolsters Team with New Sales Executive Appointment and Promotes Sophie Prigent to Global Sales Director
9 Oct 2020