1 Apr 2020
Jetpack shows will be airing this year across a series of international networks.
- Discovery Kids (Middle East and North Africa) has boosted its pre-school offer through the acquisition of the pay TV rights for season three of Daisy & Ollie and season two of Emmy & Gooroo. It has also bought non-dialogue comedy animation Bucky & Buddy.
- AMC Networks International – Central and Northern Europe has acquired pay TV and video on demand (VOD) rights for five seasons of comedy animation Talking Tom and Friends, shorts from the same series and Talking Angela videos for its Minimax channels in Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Moldova, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia and Slovenia.
- WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks channels including Boomerang and Cartoon Network in SoutheastAsia, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand have extended its offer to include series four and five of Talking Tom and Friends. The deal also includes Talking Tom Heroes.
- SUPER RTL has acquired the SVOD rights for Talking Tom Heroes.
- The UK’s CITV has bought the free-to-air rights for Buck & Buddy.
- German channel KIKA has acquired the free-to-air rights for animated show Wolf.
- UNITED MEDIA has bought the rights for Emmy & Gooroo and seasons one to four of pre-school live action Our Family for Pikaboo and seasons one to three of The Cul De Sac and seasons one and two of comedy animation Barefoot Bandits for Vavoom. The deal covers Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia and Montenegro.
Jetpack’s CEO, Dominic Gardiner, says: “These are challenging and uncertain times for the TV industry as we face unchartered territory. These deals are testament to the enduring appeal of good quality kids and family content. Long may that continue.” He adds: “We are really pleased to be working with such brilliant production and IP owners and doing business with prestigious international networks who remain as committed as ever to delivering great experiences for young audiences.”