11 Aug 2020
The deal, finalised last week, will see more than 153 hours of content from Jetpack’s expanding catalogue broadcast across a range of devices in sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa.
The following shows will be available through the service in 2020 and 2021.
- BES’ comedy animation Kitty is Not a Cat (seasons one and two).
- Funrise’s global hit animation Rainbow, Butterfly, Unicorn, Kitty (season one).
- Muckpuddy’s adventure comedy animation The Barefoot Bandits (season one).
- Outfit 7’s animated seriesTalking Tom and Friends (seasons three to five).
- Samka’s adventure comedy animated series Jamie’s Got Tentacles.
- Jam’s innovative pre-school mixed media animation series Becca’s Bunch (season one).
- Wizart and Dibulitoon’s playful pre-school animation Yoko (season one).
- Sixth Sense’s live action pre-school documentary series commissioned by CBeebies Our Family (seasons three and four).
- Three Arrows Media’s parents/carers and babies live action seriesThe Baby Club (season one).
- Pop-Up Workshop’s puppet live action show Pop Up (season one).
- Greenstone’s dystopian live action thriller The Cul de Sac (seasons one to three).
- CBBC’s award winning live action drama Katy.
Jetpack CEO, Dominic Gardiner, says: “In the last few years, we’ve been increasingly focused on building a rich and diverse catalogue, one that spans beyond our heartland of comedy animation; breaking new ground where possible.
This deal demonstrates that we can offer a great deal of choice and variation for one network. While consistently delivering high quality and enduringly appealing content.”
Showmax Head of Content, Candice Fangueiro, says, “Our business has fundamentally changed over the past few months with SVOD usage jumping dramatically, and kids’ content in particular has been extremely popular. The timing for this deal, which adds a wide range of new kids shows, couldn’t be better, and it’s a perfect complement to the total revamp of the kids section that we recently completed, giving parents full control over what their kids can see.”
19 Sep 2023
ONCE UPON A TIME…THE OBJECTS’ TO PREMIERE AT MIPJUNIOR
12 Jun 2023